Ford's New Lineup, Tesla Hack Win, Cadillac's New EV, Chrysler 300 Housing A Hellcat and A Ranger Vs. F-150 Race!
January 25th, 2019
Today on PND...
• Ford Has Announced The Next 5 Models It Will Reveal
• If You Can Hack This Model 3 You Can Take it Home
• Cadillac Released Its Tesla-Fighting Electric Vehicle
• A Guy Who Thought To Put A Hellcat Engine Inside A Chrysler 300
• A Ford Ranger Takes On An F-150 In A Drag Race
At the Detroit Auto Show last week, Ford announced its game plan for the next 2 years! There are 5 models that we can expect to see from the Blue Oval and they are:
- The 2020 Ford Bronco
- The next-gen Escape
- The new F-series Super Duty
- A new transit van
- and the mysterious Mach E electric crossover
Ford fans what do you think...Are you excited to see any of these?
Dedicated hackers come together each year at the Pwn2Own event. The goal is to find holes and mistakes in the newest tech and the hackers that find it, are rewarded with prizes. ANd pretty big prizes. This year, there’s a new automotive category and the person that can hack this brand-new Tesla Model 3 can drive it home. There’re also cash prices for various hacks including hacking the Key Fob for $100,000, the Infotainment for $85,000 or the Autopilot for $50,000. Talk about incentive!
Watch out, Tesla, Cadillac is coming for you. Cadillac released the first images of its electric SUV – the XT6 crossover. President Steve Carlisle said the XT6 will be offered in both FWD and AWD will have a range of around 300 miles. There’s no release date yet, but would you be interested?
Hellcat Chrysler 300
Leave it to gearheads to figure something like this out! It's exactly the kind of ingenuity we love to see! A second-gen Chrysler 300 SRT8 houses the beastly Hellcat engine thanks to this guy and his YouTube channel. The comments on the original post suggest people would like to see something like this on the market... the question is, would you?
Truck Drag Who would your money be on between an F-150 or the new 2019 Ranger? The results of this drag race aren’t actually that surprising. For fair guessing here are the numbers:
• The 2019 F150 XLT houses a 3.5-L twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 that puts out 375 HP and 470 lb.-ft. torque and weighs 5,100 lbs.
• The Ranger weighs in at 4,400 lbs., houses a 2.3-L turbocharged inline-4cylnder pushing out 270 HP and 310 lb.-ft. torque
Was your prediction correct? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!