Chevrolet Announces the Tech & Turbo Heavy 2023 Colorado
The Chevrolet Colorado is one of the most universally-loved pickup trucks on the market. It’s a simple, mid-size truck that offers customers greater performance, capability and customization. Now, Chevrolet has announced that the 2023 year models will offer more tech, muscle, and style that might make its bigger sibling, the Silverado, a bit jealous.
The 2023 Colorado is available as a work truck (WT), and four other trims (LT, Z71, ZR2, Trail Boss) that offer a wide range of capabilities for both work and play.
“We set out to design the Colorado as a tough, muscular and capable midsize truck, which we think especially came through in the wide ZR2 trim with the aggressive grille shield.” said Phil Zak, executive design director. “Across all trims, the exterior’s presence and attitude is reflected in the interior, which is designed around the large center stack screen.”
The 2023 Chevrolet Colorado will now come equipped with a 2.7L Turbo engine, which is seen in the Silverado and can put out between 237-310 horsepower and 259-430 lb-ft of torque, depending on the trim.
The engine also features a 2nd-gen eight-speed automatic transmission that delivers smoother shifting, quicker downshifts, and greater mobility at low speeds while off-roading.
“The new Colorado is a lifestyle enabler,” said Nicholas Katcherian, vehicle chief engineer. “Because outdoor activities are a big part of our Colorado customers’ lifestyles, we’ve made the truck even more capable to support them — from increased bed functionality to comprehensive performance enhancements that help take them farther.”
One of the 2023 Colorado’s most notable upgrades is its 11.3-inch infotainment screen that offers a more enjoyable and convenient driving experience. Some of the other tech-related upgrades found in the 2023 model include:
- Customizable and configurable screens with higher resolution than previous models
- Five drive modes (Normal, Tow/Haul, Off-Road, Terrain, Baja)
- Segment-first available Google Built-In for accessing maps, music, vehicle functions and more
- All-new Off-Road Performance Display: an available app that helps drivers monitor their real-time off-road performance with different readouts for Overlanding (altitude and GPS guidance), Terrain (pitch, roll and tire pressure) and Baja (g-force, wheel slip indicator and transfer case status) driving situations
- More camera views than any competitor in its class, with up to 10 camera views accessible on the infotainment screen — including a segment-first available underbody camera on Z71 and ZR2.
Production for the 2023 Chevrolet Colorado is scheduled to begin in the first half of 2023.