2023 Jeep Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer Gain L Models and Hurricane I6 Engine
Jeep debuted its latest editions of its Wagoneer at the 2022 New York International Auto Show, delivering the 2023 Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L featuring a new extended, long-wheelbase, and Stellantis’ new Hurricane twin-turbo I6 engine.
Jim Morrison, senior VP, and head of Jeep brand in North America said in a statement, “The new Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L long-wheelbase models give our customers more: a more efficient and more powerful powertrain with the all-new Hurricane twin-turbo engines, and even more space, delivering best-in-class overall passenger volume, second-row leg room, and cargo volume behind the third row, all while maintaining the best-in-class towing capability of 10,000 pounds and a rewarding driving experience that is confidence-inspiring.”
Some of the specific upgrades to the Wagoneer family include:
- 12-inches longer overall than standard-wheelbase models
- 130-inch wheelbase
- 44.2 cubic feet of cargo space
- 10,000 lb towing capacity
- Best-in-class overall passenger volume of 179.3 cu. ft. on Wagoneer L
- Best-in-class second-row legroom of 42.7 inches on Wagoneer L
- Spacious third-row legroom of 36.6 inches on all models
- Best-in-class 44.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row on Grand Wagoneer L – 15.8 cubic feet more of cargo volume than on standard-wheelbase Grand Wagoneer
- Offers 7 or 8-passenger configurations
- Best-in-class towing capacity on both models, with Wagoneer L towing up to 10,000 pounds
The Hurricane twin-turbo I6 engine is another exciting component of this class of SUVs as it delivers more torque, more horsepower, and fewer carbon emissions when compared to underperforming V-8s.
The Hurricane twin-turbo engine boasts 420 horsepower and 468 lb.-ft of torque, while the high-output Hurricane twin-turbo puts out 510 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft of torque.
These latest editions of the Wagoneer aimed to have both the Escalade and the Yukon XL on their heels in terms of size, power, and comfort. So if you are in the market for a premium SUV, you’ve got some real thinking to do.