Chevrolet Debuts High-Powered, High-Tech 2024 Silverado HD
Fans of heavy-duty pickup trucks have something new to be excited about. Chevrolet is bringing the 2024 Silverado HD with some significant improvements in nearly every component imaginable. This upcoming pickup will arrive with a powertrain that will leave its predecessors in its wake, improved infotainment and safety technology, and an overhauled interior that will provide an element of luxury one would not expect to find in a heavy-duty truck.
“We’ve designed the Silverado HD to be our customers’ favored choice for true truck capability,” says Chevrolet VP Scott Bell. “The enhancements to the 2024 model build on its core strengths to provide an even stronger balance of the design, strength and confidence that makes tackling the hard jobs, including trailering, easier and more convenient than ever.”
The 2024 Silverado HD will come equipped standard with a 6.6L V8 gas engine and an Allison 10-speed automatic transmission. When it is time to take advantage of its power, this pickup packs enough muscle to push 470 horsepower and 927 lb-fit of torque.
On top of its upgraded standard level of raw power, the 2024 Silverado HD’s interior comes with significant upgrades in both styling and tech. Some of the newer features include:
- Fresh screen displays and graphics inspired by the recently refreshed Silverado 1500
- Authentic leather-wrapped surfaces and real wood accents available on certain models
- New center console on LT, LTZ and High Country models that incorporates an available wireless charger
- More space for side-by-side cupholders in the console: There is a total of 10 total cupholders available, depending on the model and configuration
- New audio control knobs that help strike an ideal balance between physical and digital controls, along with similar buttons recently introduced in the refreshed Silverado 1500 that allow some popular features to be accessed with a single push
- Climate vents and controls for second-row passengers
- Enhanced hidden storage, including in the console, upper and lower gloveboxes and even a sunglasses holder behind the infotainment screen
Chevrolet has also made big advancements in the 2024 Silverado HD’s towing features to make it an effective and reliable hauling truck. That includes greater visibility, easy hitching, and greater confidence when towing trailers. Some other new enhanced features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Trailer is an all-new technology for Silverado HD. It allows the Silverado HD’s available Adaptive Cruise Control to account for additional drag and increased braking distances when towing a trailer.
- Enhanced Transparent Trailer expands the current Transparent Trailer2 technology by allowing it to work with fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailers
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert extends the blind zone area of interest to help enhance safety and situational awareness when trailering
- GCW Alert warns the driver if the vehicle and trailer weight exceeds the vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating
The 2024 Silverado HD will come in both 2500HD and 3500HD models in Regular Cab, Double Cab and Crew Cab. It will also come in a series of trims like the Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, and High Country.