Porsche Designs 911 Sally Special Based on “Cars” Character for Charity
In March 2022, Porsche and Pixar Animation Studios announced they would be teaming up to develop a real-life version of a Sally 911 from the 2006 animated film Cars.
Now the automaker has unveiled the official, one-of-a-kind 911 Sally Special that will be auctioned off by RM Sotheby’s on Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at Monterey Car Week where proceeds will go on to benefit Girls Inc. and USA for UNHCR.
“Vehicles need a face and a story. And the animated Pixar’s film ‘Cars’ has impressively done just that: brought cars to life on the big screen,” says Dr. Sebastian Rudolph, Vice President of Communications, Sustainability, and Politics at Porsche AG. “The story conveys values such as friendship, love, and mutual support – and in the middle of it all is a Porsche: ‘Sally Carrera’. Together with Pixar, we have brought the spirit of Sally to life in a new way, not on the screen, but off the screen. With this one-off street legal 911, the “Sally Special”, which we are auctioning for charity, we want to help people who urgently need support, quite in keeping with the spirit of the film character.”
The 911 Sally Special is based on the 480-PS 911 Carrera GTS that comes with a unique package of custom features, like:
- Sallybluemetallic custom paint that was hand-applied
- Sally’s signature pinstripe tattoo
- Custom Turbo-look rims designed by Style Porsche in Weissah
- “Sally Carrera” and “Sally Special” badges
- Matching chronograph watch by Porsche Design in collaboration with Pixar with matching Sallybluemetallic paint
- Pepita houndsooth fabric upholstery
- Chalk-colored leather seats with Speed Blue stitching