Inside The Ford 9 Inch
February 7th, 2018
Any guesses on one of the most popular center sections out there?
Yup, the Ford nine-inch! They're popular for a few reasons:
1. They're easy to find. Manufacturers started making them around 1957 and ran them all the way up through the 80s.
2. They're tough.
3. They have a drop out center section. That makes swapping the gear ratios around fairly easy.
The aftermarket world has really embraced these and you can build a new one straight from the catelog or buy a pre-built one from a number of manufacturers. Either way, make sure and double check your measurements as there's also an 8" option along with a 9 and 3/8" (known as a 9 1/2") option.
Want to read more articles like this?Join the PowerNation Email Newsletter
Read More from PowerNation
- VW And Ford Collaboration, 2020 Silverado, Heroic Florida Trooper, Unlucky Classic Car Dealership, PowerNation History, And Fast Fails
- GT Heritage Power, Police Hoverbikes, Underage High Speed Chase, Jeep Gladiator, And Project Creep It Real
- American Muscle: The 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet