Ford Celebrates Original 1966 Bronco with 2023 Heritage Edition
In honor of the first 4-wheel-drive SUV, Ford has announced the Heritage edition of the 2023 Bronco and bronco sport.
With only 1,966 units being produced in the U.S., these very limited models will have many of the classic design features of the originals like an Oxford White-painted roof, grille and wheels, Bronco script and fender graphics, and a selection of classic exterior colors like Robin’s Egg Blue, Yellowstone Metallic, and Race Red.
“Bronco captivated America in the mid-’60s with its rugged style and uncompromising off-road agility, a legacy that is still prevalent today,” says Mark Grueber, Bronco marketing manager in a press release. “With these new Heritage and Heritage Limited editions, we’re paying respect to Bronco’s roots with nods to some of the signature design cues from the first-generation vehicle, while continuing to build the Bronco Brand with more special editions that our customers want.”
These modern throwbacks to the Bronco of the 1960s pay tribute to the legacy set forth over fifty years ago, all while donning some modern conveniences like:
- 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine with 7-speed manual or 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission
- 300 horsepower and 235 lb-ft of torque
- The Sasquatch Package includes High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension (H.O.S.S.)
- 35-inch Goodyear mud-terrain tires
- Dana front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio