Dodge Teases its Sinister & Stylish Challenger Black Ghost in “Last Call” Special Edition Line
As we near the final few models left in Dodge’s special-edition “Last Call” line of 2023 Chargers and Challengers, the latest model to come to light is the very dark, and very rare 2023 Challenger Black Ghost.
The Black Ghost is a modern-day depiction of the HEMI-powered soul that roamed the famous Woodward Avenue in 1970s Detroit while being driven by former Green Beret paratrooper, police officer, and car enthusiast Godfrey Qualls. Qualls’ Challenger rocked a 426 HEMI that would conquer local races and then disappear into the night, earning the name “Black Ghost.” In 2020, Qualls’ car was submitted into the National History Vehicle Register, remaining in his family as of today.
What makes the 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost one of the more sought-after “Last Call” cars will be its sinister and flashy style, including its black “gator skin” vinyl roof graphics just like the original, its black and chrome finish, and it being built around a Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody cranked up to 807 horsepower.
“There are so many legendary muscle cars in Dodge brand history, it was hard to choose the seven vehicles we wanted to pay homage to with our Last Call lineup, but the Black Ghost was an easy pick,” says Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis. “The 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost is the prelude to what we’re going to unveil with our seventh and final special-edition model.”
Some of the other extra features to be included on only 300 units are:
- Black “gator skin” roof vinyl
- Bright Dodge fascia badge
- White rear fender graphics
- Challenger script grille, fender and spoiler badges
- Midnight Metallic SRT grille badge
- Bright fuel filler door
- Black six-piston Brembo brake system
- 3.09:1 rear axle ratio
- 20-by-11-inch Satin Carbon Warp Speed wheels
- Black Mopar hood pins
- Black Ghost interior instrument panel badge
- Alcantara/Laguna leather seats and door bolsters
- Alcantara steering wheel with red SRT logo
- Real carbon fiber bezels and Dynamica suede headliner