America’s Most Stolen Vehicle Is Also One Of The Best-Selling
Ford’s F-series is popular with consumers and thieves alike.
While the F-series tops the list of the best-selling vehicles year after year, the truck has also topped the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s 2019 Hot Wheels list of most stolen vehicles. The list is made up of stolen vehicle reports submitted to the National Crime Information Center.
If you’re wondering if your truck is at risk, of the 38,938 F-Series stolen, the 2006 version was the most common with 3,061 thefts. The Honda Civic finished second on the list with 33,220 thefts. If you narrow it down to the most-stolen vehicle verse model line, however, the 2000 Civic was the most stolen vehicle overall at 4,731.
Most-stolen model lines in 2019:
- Ford Pickup (Full Size): 38,938/2006
- Honda Civic: 33,220/2000
- Chevrolet Pickup: 32,583/2004
- Honda Accord: 30,745/1997
- Toyota Camry: 15,656/2007
- Nissan Altima: 13,355/2015
- Toyota Corolla: 12,137/2018
- Dodge/Ram Pickup (Full Size): 11,292/2001
- GMC Pickup (Full Size): 11,164/2018
- Honda CR-V: 10,094/2001
Does the list surprise you?