Rototiller Racing Is Real Thing!
July 21st, 2017
Using a rototiller is pretty much the same for everyone...run over the area you're working on, hope you don’t hit a rock. Pretty standard stuff. So as far as excitement goes, it's not something to write home about. But in Emerson, Arkansas, they do. The Purple Hull Pea Festival has been famous not for peas, but rototiller racing. Yup, tiller racing. I’m talking souped up, hot rodded rototillers on a 200-foot dirt course. And they're drag racing. Honestly, you have to see it to believe it. It looks like a “hold my beer” event but the competitors are completely serious about the racing.
1. Rule #1 is safety. Any tiller or racer deemed unsafe will be disqualified.
2. Racers must sign release forms before the race.
3. All racers must wear shoes.
4. There’s no riding tillers. (no joke)
5. The racer must be in control when finishing line is crossed.
6. Only essential personnel are allowed in pit area.
7. In case of a tie, a run off will take place.
8. One Tiller-Per Racer-Per Category.
9. All races started will be considered official unless both racers are unable to complete the race.
But at the end of the day, maybe holding onto a psychotic gardening tool and running, hoping to avoid road rash, is the next big thing.
This week on PowerNation our 4 shops have some handy takeaways you could use on your builds. Plus Katie will feature this beautifully restored 1949 Chevy pickup named ‘Ol 49 that’s been passed down from one generation to the next. Owners Jo and Adrean Shelton restored the truck in Jo’s dad’s memory. They turned to The Hot Rod Shop in Corinth, Mississippi to transform the 3/4 ton flatbed into a more modern classic truck in about 9 months. After lots of body work on the steel body, they dropped in a GM crate 350 engine that rolls on American Racing Wheels and Goodyear rubber. The bed is Oak with a Jacobean stain finished off with polished stainless steel strips and bolts.
Jo chose the PPG “Carbon Black Metallic” paint color. The interior is two-tone with Charcoal and Ruby leather filled with all the creature comforts, done by M & M Hot Rod Interiors. Also this week Team Summit NHRA Funny Car racer Tim Wilkerson will have a tip on picking fuel cells. It’s one full block of tech so make sure you join us.
Video Courtesy Of: "target="_blank">ODN
Want to read more articles like this?Join the PowerNation Email Newsletter
Read More from PowerNation
- 4-Door Corvette, Irresponsible Cop Passing, Yenko Camaro Power, Tarok Concept, eCOPO Camaro, And Fast Fails
- Illegal Braking, Canadian Limo, Chevy Admits Falling To Ford, Attempted Murder At BMW Dealership, Armored Hellcat, Fast Fails
- Halo Save, Project Creep It Real, Hennessey Heritage Mustang, Z06 On The 'Ring, Biker Survives Cliff Fall, And Top 5 Fast Fails